Monday, September 16, 2013

Chili Killi

If I haven't mentioned it before, I love Mexican Food.  Anytime I can make or eat Mexican food, I am all over it.  I also like to experiment with making different dishes and flavors.  This next dish was introduced to me by a friend, and I just had to take a test run at making it.  Chili Killi is the name, experimenting is my game.  This dish is also known as a Mexican Brunch.  I guess a similar comparison would be breakfast nachos. 

Ingredients:
  • Tortilla Chips
  • Enchilada Sauce
  • Chorizo (Pork or Beef)
  • Eggs
  • Sour Cream and Guacamole are optional
Directions:
Cook the chorizo until most of the oil has evaporated.  Add the enchilada sauce in with the chorizo.  At this time you can scramble the eggs and shred the cheese.  
In a large pan or serving dish, put the tortilla chips in and layer them with the chorizo infused enchilada sauce.  If you want, you can even add black bean to the sauce.  Then top the chips with the cheese, eggs, and sour cream and guacamole.   After that you are ready to eat and enjoy. 
I know this is considered a brunch food, but it can be made anytime.  I always like breakfast food for dinner, or a late night snack. 
There are also other variations of this recipe if you are not satisfied with this one. 

The total cook time for this meal is around 30-45 minutes.  However, this dish can feed many people, or provide you with leftovers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment